Mark Hammervold represents individuals, families and companies in a variety of complex, high stakes cases. One hundred percent of his practice is devoted to litigation. Early in his career, Mark distinguished himself by successfully defending large corporations, insurance companies, and professionals in a wide spectrum of lawsuits, including health care liability, personal injury, defamation, breach of contract, tortious interference with business relationships, wrongful termination, racketeering, consumer protection, antitrust, and civil rights claims. Mark established a reputation for meticulous preparation, outworking his adversaries, and quickly obtaining judgments in his clients’ favor.
Mark works relentlessly to obtain justice for his clients. He is motivated by the pursuit of personal excellence in his craft, holding wrongdoers accountable, and a deep sense of compassion for his clients.
Mark attended Vanderbilt University Law School on academic scholarship. During law school, he won Vanderbilt Law’s intramural mock trial tournament in back-to-back years. He also represented Vanderbilt at the Phillip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition, winning first place in the region, and third place nationally. Mark completed his undergraduate education at Northwestern University. He attended on a merit scholarship for policy debate and graduated with honors.
Representative Case Outcomes
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement for a client in wrongful death lawsuit.
- Obtained a $950,000 settlement for a motorcyclist-client who was injured in a collision with a tractor-trailer.
- Obtained a six-figure settlement for a client in a premises liability lawsuit.
- Obtained a six-figure settlement for a client in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Obtained a six-figure settlement for a client in a commercial dispute.
- Physician Peer Review & Credentialing
- Civil Rights and Racial Discrimination
- Defamation and First Amendment